A beautiful smile is one of the most sought after cosmetic features in the world. People from all backgrounds and professions want a bright, straight smile, and we are here to help turn that desire into reality. Whether through minor adjustments or major treatment plans, our cosmetic dentistry practice aims to improve your smile and help you build confidence in the way your teeth look.
Porcelain Veneers are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve appearance. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape, size, or length. We recommend this treatment to anyone experiencing discoloration that cannot be fixed with whitening or if your teeth are damaged. Porcelain veneers are also an option if you’re unhappy with the shape or look of your natural teeth.
If you are missing teeth, dentures can provide a positive solution to improving your oral health. We are proud to provide dentures that are designed to fit your mouth for proper function and unique comfort. Following your appointment, we will provide you with information on at-home care for your dentures. We strongly recommend scheduling follow up appointments for periodic denture cleanings.
If you have a tooth that has experienced more severe damage or decay, our dentists at Oconee Dental, PC may recommend a dental crown to help restore the shape and function of the tooth. We use a digital scanner at our practice to help ensure that your crowns fit perfectly and enhance your smile. We welcome you to contact our office at 706-769-1659 to learn more about dental crowns in Watkinsville, Georgia, and to set up your appointment with Dr. Harmon-Smith, and Dr. Anthony.
The process for receiving a dental crown typically involves two or three visits over a three or four week period. When you receive a dental crown, our dentists will:
- Numb the tooth to remove the decay in or around it.
- Re-sculpture the tooth to provide a better fit for your dental crown.
- Make an impression of your teeth to create a custom-made dental crown (this process usually takes 1-2 weeks).
- Create a temporary crown from acrylic resin and fit it to your tooth for the interim period while we are creating your permanent, custom crown.
- Remove the temporary crown and place your permanent crown, after it has been created and received from the lab.
- Ensure that your dental crown fits correctly and looks as it should.
- Cement your dental crown into place.
Once you have completed your treatment, you will need to maintain your dental crown through proper oral hygiene practices, including daily brushing and flossing. This will help to keep your mouth healthy and free of bacteria, preventing gum disease and other problems. With the proper care, dental crowns can last a lifetime.
For more information on dental crowns and to schedule a consultation at our office, please contact us today.